Congrats...

Friday, April 30, 2010


Hello!  Check out the cheery little card I made this morning.  It looks so happy!  Anyhow, I made this card for the Papertrey Paper Dolls challenge.  I fell in love with the sketch and knew I had to play right away.  Did you notice the size of the photo?  Blogger has revamped their editor and their are some cool options.  I'm gonna try this out.  Hopefully you'll get a better sense of the details on my cards. ETA: That didn't work so well.  The photo was so large that the right side was cut off.

When I started to think about what I wanted to do with this sketch, I really wanted to use embossed panels.  The embossing folder "birds and swirls" worked the best out of my small collection of embossing folders.  I also used it yesterday on this card.  The finished card looks wedding-ish, so I used a "Congrats" stamp.

There are stickles (glitter) on all the flower petals.  I tried really hard to get a close-up, but failed miserably.  Sorry about that.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

I wish you all a great weekend!  My kiddos have their first baseball games this evening.  So excited!!!  I'll try and snap a few good pics to post next week.  Have a great day!!!


{Congrats!}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Birds & Blooms Sizzix Dies (SU), Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Circle Punch (SU), Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Bonita Rose April 30, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Love it, thks for playing along with us Dana.. your card is amazing..love that purple! Beautiful! Hv fun this weekend!

Amy Kolling April 30, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Love the purple embossed strips....looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along!

Laurie April 30, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Oh so pretty Dana! Those embossed strips really pop! Great card!

Lee Anne April 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM  

This is wonderful! I love the embossing you did and your flowers are great! Thanks for playing along with us!

Mrs. Tamashiro April 30, 2010 at 3:32 PM  

Love the embossing and love the flower. Thanks for playing with us!

Michelle (abzzymom) April 30, 2010 at 5:31 PM  

Since purple is one of my favorite colors, you know I gotta love your card! Very pretty! Thanks for playing with the Dolls!

Suzanne April 30, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

Hi Dana! Awesome job! I love your card!

Katie May 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM  

You rocked the purple on this one! I love the idea of using an embossed background that's cut into strips. I'll have to remember that. Again, I'm envying the view out behind the card too! Thanks for playing along again!

Jill May 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

Wow, Dana, such a simple idea, but it looks fancy and fab! Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP