Hello...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello! Yesterday I mentioned that Kristina Werner posted a new challenge on her blog (finally!!!). The challenge is to make a one layer card. I thought this challenge would be a nice way to ease into the week. Boy was I wrong. This is the third card I made, and I bent the rules a tiny bit. I tried to make the card without the ribbon poofs, but it just didn't look right. This way is looks better (but not great) and it still good for mailing since everything lies flat. KWIM? I hope I don't get kicked out of the challenge!!!
The inks I chose to use came right from the ribbon stripes. The ribbon loops are stapled right to the paper. This finished size of this card is 4.25" x 4.25".


I posted yesterday about all the spring cleaning I've been doing. I was also able to clean my daughter's room, which was a pretty big undertaking. Luckily, she has bins in her room for the toys she plays with the most (dress up, barbie's, doll house, books, art stuff) so it's mostly separating and putting things where they belong. I guess I'll tackle my little guy's room today. I could tell he was a little jealous of his sister's clean room. It's so much easier for kids to keep their rooms clean if they start with a clean room that they just need to maintain (at least in my case). The hardest thing for me is reminding them to pick-up their rooms everyday. Then it turns into a total disaster area and you are partly to blame. At least that's how I feel.

Anyway, I really appreciate you stopping by for a visit today! I've been getting lots of comments lately that always makes me feel sooo good. You have no idea. Have a great day!!!


{hello}

Stamps: Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Card Stock: SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Ruby Red, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise (SU)
Accessories: Ribbon (American Crafts), Staples & Stapler, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Bridget April 20, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Your card is one of my favorites from the challenge. I love love love the colors and how simple but eye-catching the card is. Now if you don't mind, I have to go rifle through my stamps to see how I can recreate this beauty :)

Bridget N

Michelle April 21, 2010 at 5:00 AM  

I think it is perfect Dana, good luck in the challenge!

Sheila Bennett April 21, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

Very cute card! Love the column of brightly-colored 'hellos'

Bonita Rose April 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

this is a great card... love the ribbon, but I still think u cheated.. LOL LOL j/k

Unknown April 22, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Cool card, how did you get the repeating hello so perfectly layered without overlaping too much or swaying to the right or left. I love it.
Eleanor

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP