Paper Maniac Thursday - Distressing!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello! It's Paper Maniac Thursday!!! This week, the Design Team and I are focusing on distressing. If you are not familiar with distressing in regards to card making, it's when you make your card look old and worn--but in a good way ;) . Paper Maniac has a lot of Tim Holtz products, which are all geared towards distressing and aging paper.


For my card today, I used the Green at Heart Card Kit by Basic Grey. All of the papers came from the kit (except for the piece of cream). These papers already had a distressed look to them. You can also find these papers in the Green at Heart 6x6 paper pad. I distressed the edges of the flowered patterned paper with a paper distresser and also the heart. The black stitching is actually a rub-on from the kit.
The oval was cut using an oval nestabilities die. I crumpled it up and sponged the edges and creases with Tea Dye Distress Ink. Then I used the ink on all the edges of my card.

Thanks for stopping by today for some distressing goodness!!! Have a great day!!!

{You're so sweet}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Cream
Patterned Paper: Green at Heart Card Kit (Basic Grey)
Ink: Tea Dye Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Heart Punch (Paper Shapers), Paper Distresser (Tim Holtz), Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Bonita Rose April 15, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

wonderful creation.. love it!

florascrap April 15, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

So pretty! Love the colors. :) I know I didn't get picked up because of the "Pub" message board on 2Peas. There are a bunch of people on there who are regularly published in Cards or even employees of the magazine and they said that the e-mails requesting the cards went out on 04/13. I will keep trying--it's SO disheartening though. I don't submit enough for sure...just here and there and usually it's only one or two cards total for the month. Not to say that I WOULD get published if I submitted more, but it would probably up my chances! :) I know I have told you that I have been published for scrapbook pages before, but it's been my goal for the past three years to have a card published and it just hasn't happened. Oh well.

I can't remember if I ever addressed your question about quilting--haven't used a pattern yet on any of my quilts, though I am sure the patterns for those specific ones exist out there. I learned 99% of my quilting skills from YouTube tutorials! :)

Anyway, after that novel--love this card! I like the white oval behind the heart. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP