Congrats, you did it!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello there friends! I am so impressed with my photography this morning and it was pure LUCK! I made this card for the first ever Papertrey Paper Dolls challenge. Such a great sketch to start off a new challenge blog. I hope you guys check it out. Who doesn't love some Papertrey goodness?


Anyway, I received my Papertrey Ink order yesterday and got to use a couple goodies on my card. The sentiment is from Signature Greetings and is the awesome handwriting of Dawn McVey. I also bought the new rickrack die. It is awesome. I can't wait to order more of their dies. They are high quality!!! Oh, money tree. Where are you???

About the photo. You probably wouldn't ever guess it was pouring down rain here. I put the card on top of our grill, which is under a little canopy on our deck. I barely edited it. I love how green the grass and trees are and how well it coordinates with the pink on my card.
The butterfly is heat embossed with clear embossing powder. All the rhinestones are pink, they sorta look clear.

I hope this rain clears up! Halle and Colin have their first baseball and tee-ball games tonight. I was soooo looking forward to it. I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be here tomorrow with a new challenge from Our Creative Corner.


{Congrats, you did it!}

Stamps: Signature Greetings, Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Pink Passion (SU), Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (SU), Light Pink Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Rickrack Die (Papertrey Ink), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

Laurie April 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Yeah! Thanks so much for playing along with us! I love your card! And your photography is GREAT! Love that embossed butterfly! Thanks again for playing! Have a great day!

Cheryl April 23, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

Great card! I love the clean look and the bright colors.

Michelle (abzzymom) April 23, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Oooooh! Such a pretty card! I like the embossing you did on the butterfly. Glad you decided to play along. Nice job!

Bonita Rose April 23, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Thanks for playing along with us dana.. omg.. your card is amazing... wow.. Love it.. I need to get some more PTI sets myself.. Love so many! Love your photography too.. fabulous!!!! Love your card.. and yes, that ric rac die is fab!

Lisa Voerg April 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Dana, beautiful card! I love that butterfly and the ric rac die are just perfect. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge.

Katie April 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Thanks for playing along Dana! I love how you used the rick rack die with the sketch...and the color comb. is fabulous!

Jen Carter April 23, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

That is so gorgeous!! I love your card and the embossed butterfly!! Thanks for playing along!!

Amy Kolling April 23, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

Wow, what a fabulous card!! I am going to do this challenge today but I'm not sure I can top this! So simple but great!

Lee Anne April 23, 2010 at 6:16 PM  

Thanks for participating in our first challenge! This card is wonderful...from the rick-rack die to the butterfly! Just beautiful!

Mrs. Tamashiro April 24, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

Thanks for playing along with our sketch. This is a great card. I love the Raspberry Fizz on the white. It just pops. Embossing is a great touch. Beautiful card!

Janelle April 25, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Love the way you used the rick rack. I have that die, but haven't used it nearly enough. And you're right that the PTI dies are fabulous! Love the way they cut! Back to your card -- the clear embossing looks great on the butterfly. Really nice touch. And, by the way, when you find the money tree, will you let me know? I'd sure like to have one, too!

Danielle April 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

Simply gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP