OCC Challenge - Blossoms!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hey guys! I'm here bright and early with a new Our Creative Corner challenge. I have really enjoyed my month as hostess. It's so much fun to come up with the challenges. So far this month we've had challenges to use buttons, bows, and butterflies. So, to keep with the B theme, this week's challenge is to use BLOSSOMS on your cards.


We also have a sponsor this week. Paper Maniac is an online store that has a wide variety of papers, stamps, tools, and embellishments. This store is near and dear to my heart. I'm on the DT, I use products from their store and love them. They have amazing customer service and quick shipping. Patti, the owner is offering one random participant a $30 gift certificate and FREE shipping!!!

My card is a bit out of the norm for me. It is a long and skinny card. The design for this card comes from one of the samples on the Basic Grey Card Kit, Sugar Rush. The layout and elements are the same, I just swapped papers. The chipboard flower was a crazy plaid. So, I covered it with pink card stock and glitter. The black circle and petals are chipboard that came in the kit along with the stem and leaf die cuts. The white swirls and sentiment is a rub-on that cam in the kit.
If you haven't already, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out the samples from the DT. I hope you make some time to play along this week! Have a great day!!!
{with love}

Card Stock: Spring Rain, New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Green Galore, Bashful Blue (SU)
Accessories: Chipboard + Rub-on + Die Cuts (Sugar Rush Card Kit by Basic Grey), White Gel Pen (Sakura), Paper Distresser, Glitter, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug April 24, 2010 at 5:39 AM  

What a gorgeous blossom!! I just love the dimension and the sparkle!!

LorettaL April 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

I love that tall, skinny card, Dana! Tall and skinny is my dream...

Thank you so much for a wonderful month of challenges!!

Joycelyn Pelkey April 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

LOVE this Blossom, Dana!!! THanks so much for all your fun challenges this month!!!!

Sarah Gough April 24, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

This is so funky and fun Dana, I love it!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie April 25, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

It's fun to mix it up a little - your design is very cute! Love the chunky flower and all the glitter. Great challenge again this week!

Diane Gilbert April 26, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Dana this is sooo cute!!! I LOVE the tall cards almost as much as the square ones. Chip board flowers are so fun! Thanks for another great challenge!!!!

Bonita Rose April 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

fantastic... it's perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP