Paper Maniac Wednesday - Save the Planet

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hi! Welcome to another Paper Maniac Thursday here on my blog. Today is Earth Day! Happy Earth Day everyone!!! This week on the Paper Maniac Blog, the DT and I are showcasing projects with the Planet Earth in mind. When I first started thinking about what I would make for Earth Day I knew I wanted to incorporate nature and an element of upcycling. Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.


For my card I appropriately used the Green at Heart card kit from Basic Grey. The card base, scalloped border, leaf die cut, rub-on and patterned paper all came from the kit. I took a piece of cardboard (element of upcycling) and tore off the top smooth layer to reveal the corrugated cardboard underneath. I punched the butterfly from another piece of patterned paper in the kit.
Who would have thought that a card using cardboard could look so elegant? I love the mix of cardboard with pearls and ribbon. Maybe shabby chic? The finished size of the this card is a 4.25" square.

Enjoy today and do something nice for the world. Thanks for stopping by!!!


{always}

Patterned Paper: Green at Heart (Basic Grey)
Ink: Green Galore (SU)
Accessories: Rub-on + Leaf Die Cut (Green at Heart Card Kit by Basic Grey), Pearls (Kaiser Craft), White Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray), Cardboard, Curly Label Punch (SU), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Glue Dots
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Tami H April 22, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

This is a fabulous card...love it Dana! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP