OCC Challenge - Mother's Day with a twist!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hello!  Welcome to another challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week Loretta is challenging us all to make a Mother's Day card with a twist, no flowers!  This was a fun card to make and I used a lot of different elements.  I don't have any stamps specific to Mother's Day, so I knew I would have to be a little creative.  I added the word "mom" with thickers to the "hope your day is fabulous" sentiment stamp.  I think it worked out pretty good. The scallops behind the cork were created using my corner rounder punch.
Now, head on over to the Our Creative Corner blog and see the samples from the rest of the design team.  I hope you all have a chance to play along!  Have a great weekend!!!

{Hope you have a fabulous day, Mom}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Origins (Basic Grey)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Daiquiri Thickers (American Crafts), Labels 9 Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Cork Sheet, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Bonita Rose May 1, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

beautiful card... brilliant!! Love it... just may hv to do this challenge! no Flowers.. ? oh no!! LOL Love your card Dana.. love your cas style... you rock.. Your style is alot like mine... xo

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie May 1, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

This is fabulous, Dana. LOVE the colors and the corkboard panel and those big chunky chipboard letters! You really rocked this challenge!

LorettaL May 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Dana, I just love this! Your over sized chunk factor is BRILLIANT!

Lori Rider May 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

This is awesome - I love all the different shapes and textures. It just jumps off the page!

JenE May 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Oh my goodness....I just LOVE it!!! Great job making such a beautiful card for mothers day w/o using flowers or pink!!! Now to search my stamps to see if I have something close to having a "fab day"! TFS :)

Diane Gilbert May 1, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

Dana your card is fabulous!!! What a great idea!! I love the details and your layout is wonderful!

Sarah Gough May 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

This is gorgeous Dana, I love the fresh colours!

Tenia Nelson May 2, 2010 at 2:07 AM  

Love this!!!!

Julie Leblanc May 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM  

Fun Card, vibrant colours. tfs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP