Altered Notebook & Teacher Cards

Friday, May 21, 2010

Hi there!  I'm so glad you stopped by today!!!  I have two projects to share with you today.  First up is an altered mini composition book that I made for my little girl to help her (and me) keep track of all the books she reads.  She's just finishing the first grade and reads a chapter book a day!  I'm the one who ends up going to the library to pick up and return books for her and I can never remember what she's read and what she hasn't.

Anyway, about the notebook.  I used three pieces of patterned paper from the Green at Heart collection by Basic Grey.  I colored the centers of the flowers with a black fine-tip sharpie to better coordinate with the black binding on the book.  I also used the sharpie for the faux stitching.  I used my computer and printer for "Halle's" and then punched it out with a curly label punch. Halle loves things like this.  She was so happy when I showed it to her.  We can't wait to fill it up!
Next, I have a set of cards I made to go along with gifts for Colin's preschool teachers.  As you can see these cards are super simple.  Every year the last day sneaks up on me so that's really why these cards are so simple.  These cards are 3" squares.  They use a little strip of fozz felt and one meaningful stamp.  I had Colin dictate what he wanted to say and then signed them himself.  Most of them went something like this: "Thank you for being a good teacher.  I hope you miss me next year when I am in kindergarten.  Have a good year without me.  Love, Colin."  Too cute!!!  He also picked out a few books from his bookshelf to donate to his preschool classroom.  He is such a thoughtful and kind little boy.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!


{Halle's Books Notebook}
Patterned Paper:  Green at Heart (Basic Grey) 
Accessories: Daiquiri Thickers (American Crafts), Raspberry Fizz Topnotch Twill (Papertrey Ink), Curly Label Punch (SU), Black Fine-Tip Marker (Sharpie), Computer & Printer, Mini Composition Book 

{Grateful for you}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey  Ink)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU) 
Accessories: Daisy Chain Fozz Felt (Kaiser Craft), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP