OCC Challenge - a three part challenge!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hey guys!  I'm here with a sample card for this week's challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week we have a super-fun, three part challenge.  Make a card using 1- only black and white, 2- should include lots of texture, and 3- your focal point should be text instead of an image.  Got that?  I loved this challenge.  I always like when I'm giving lots of direction.

My favorite way to add texture to a card is probably embossing folders.  So, for my card I used 4 out of the 6 folders I have.  I used swiss dots, script, diamonds in the rough, and distressed stripes.  This card has a ton for layers, which is a little out of the ordinary for me.  I really like the textured white squares layered on the smooth white squares.

It was KILLING me that I couldn't use a pop of color.  I think a hot pink or red flower in the center would look great.  I do think this turned out to be a classy card that would be suitable for a guy or an anniversary or wedding card.

Okay, now that you've seen my card, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out what the rest of the design team created.  It sure is fun to see all the directions this challenge will take even though we are all given the same instructions.  That's one of the things I love about this hobby!

I hope you all have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!  Thanks for stopping by today!!!

{Congrats}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: True Black, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Foam Dimensionals, Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug ), Clear Rhinestones (Michaels)
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Bonita Rose May 29, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

this is fabby Dana.. I'm at my Retreat and I'm def gonna be doing this one.. your card is amazing! Love it... I love embossing folders too... so so fun!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie May 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Terrific texture you have achieved here, Dana! I really like all the white space. I was also itching for a splash of color, but b&w is so powerful. Great job on this challenge!

LorettaL May 29, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

I love the power of it, Dana!!! Gorgeous!

Wendy J. May 29, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Dana, when I saw your card I thought "now why didn't I think of that!". I love it! It's so clean and crisp!

Lori Rider May 29, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

This is just awesome - love the four textured squares! You are so great with the CAS style, and I agree with you about liking lots of direction in a challenge. Wonderful job on this one!

Jennifer Meyer May 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Beautiful card and layout Dana! I LOVE all of the fun embossing and the creative piece for your sentiment!

Have a great weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Diane Gilbert May 30, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Dana this is fantastic! The textured squared are perfect for this challenge, love the simple clean look of this card!! Hope your having a great weekend!

Jenny Gropp June 3, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

Love the white matted with white! Super card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP