hello... (and peacocks in our yard!!!)

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hello!  This is a card I made when I was just playing around yesterday.  I really like how it turned out, even though it's a little different than my usual cards.  The embossing on the hearts were an afterthought.  I think they really make the card.  The centers of the flowers are pink to match the sentiment panel.
Here's a close-up look at the embossed hearts.  I love all that texture and dimension.  
When I took my card outside to photograph it, I saw two peacocks in our backyard!!!  We live in Northern Kentucky, so that is pretty weird.  My husband said "I told you I saw one last year." To which I replied "Well I didn't believe you!".   Totally weird but so fun!!!

I hope you have a great day!!!

{hello}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Berry Sorbet, New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Black & White Basics (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Basic Black (SU) 
Accessories: Cork Sheet, Heart Punch (Paper Shapers), Blossom Punch (EK Success), Pink Rhinestones (Kaiser Craft), Foam Dimensionals, Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Bonita Rose May 6, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

wow Dana.. that is awesome they were in your yard.. wow.. how cool is that?? Love your card! The embossing is perfect!

Sally Watkins May 8, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Love this card! the color combo, textures, and hearts are great. The cork back ground is cool. Thanks for stopping by Asleep on the Couch and leaving a comment. Hope you stop by again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP