OCC Challenge - Masculine Birthday

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello and Happy Weekend!!!  Today I have new challenge from Our Creative Corner to share with you.  This week we are focusing on masculine birthday cards.  If you are like me, you find it difficult to put down the ribbon, flowers, and butterflies.  I do like a challenge!


I knew I really wanted to use these brads that look like screws.  I've had them forever and have only used them a handful of times.  So, I created three long panels that look like they are screwed down.  Underneath those panels is a layer of cork.  It gives the card an earthy sort of feel.

I love this sentiment, "Dude, You Rock".  Since this is a birthday card challenge, I finished off the inside with a "Happy Birthday" sentiment.

I would love for you to participate in the Our Creative Corner challenge this week.  Head on over to the OCC blog to get some inspiration from the Design Team.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!!!


{Dude, You Rock!}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink), Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Card Stock: Dark Chocolate, Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink), Cream
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Not Quite Navy (SU) 
Accessories: Screw Brads (Michaels), Cork, Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

LorettaL May 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Dana, this is fabulous! I love those screw brads! I almost used my tiny ones that are identical, except for size...

Bonita Rose May 15, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

love it... perfect for a guy... awesome! did u buy any of the new pti last nite? I got in big trouble.. LOL

Wendy J. May 15, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

I love the simplicity of the design. Do I always say that?! Great card! I love the brads! Have a great weekend!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie May 15, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Wow, this is FABULOUS, Dana. I really love the bold blue and your use of the cork and screw brads. The whole thing has such a CAS look, but is so bold and powerful. Perfect guy card!!

Diane Gilbert May 15, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Dana this is fabulous!! I love the screws and the cork! That reminds me I have to pull out my cork.

This is a perfect guy card, I love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lori Rider May 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

This is so awesome, Dana - the screw brads are so great on this card, and I love the cork. Fabulous textures and CAS style!

Sarah Gough May 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Oh how cute are those brads?! SO great for a guy card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP