WSC38 & IC118

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Happy Saturday! My family and I had a great time playing in the snow today. We got about 8 inches! I'll try my best to post some sled riding pictures tomorrow. They are on another camera and not as easy to download.

There's no better time to craft than when you're snowed in. I thought I would tackle two challenges in one card. I combined Beate's weekend sketch challenge with today's inspiration challenge which was to be inspired by a picture of an irish quilt. I wanted to do a St. Patty's Day theme, but didn't have any paper, embellishments, or stamps with anything remotely Irish. I stuck with a green monochromatic scheme (from the quilt) and used some rub-ons I found on clearance at Meijer. This was my first time using rub-ons and I think I'm in LOVE. They are so easy! I wanted to tie the whole card together with some faux stitching around the perimeter, but my white gel pen has finally ran dry. I'm glad I checked before punching all those holes! Here's my card and thanks for looking!!!

Ink: Mellow Moss (used to ink edges of white paper) (SU!)

Paper: Whisper White, DP by Making Memories (stack, used front and back)

Accessories: Rub-ons (Making Memories), Ribbon (SU!), Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Hardware (?)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP