Another WT159

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Here's another stab at WT159. This time I think you can really see the colors muddling together. I combined Brilliant Blue and Passion Pink to get the purple effect on the hydrangeas. I think it's pretty close to what they look like in real life. First, I dotted the blooms with blue and then inked it with the pink ink pad. Then inked the stem with green. I sprayed a mist of water on the stamp. You have to be very careful so you don't get too much water on it. I probably stamped this image about 10 times and cut out the best three. A lot of trial and error, but it was worth it. This was a quick 4x4 card. Each flower strip is 1x3 and the purple and white mats are sewn together with a zig zag stitch. Here's a close up so you can see the two colors on the bloom. Thanks for looking!!!

Stamps: Both Way Blossoms (SU!)

Paper: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence (SU!)

Ink: Pink Passion and Green Galore Ink Pad, Brilliant Blue Marker

Accessories: Thread, Sheer Lavender Ribbon



0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP