Springing Forward & Faux Cloisonne

Monday, March 10, 2008

Well, we remembered to spring forward, but forgot one important clock. My alarm clock! The kids were exactly one hour late for school and I didn't even figure it out until I was dropping Colin off at preschool and was the only one there dropping their child off. I called Scott to see if we had an hour delay, no we didn't he said. Then he said "what time do you think it is?" I replied 8:15, "wrong, it's 9:15"!!!!!!!! Oh well, at least they got there.

The technique lovers challenge today was a to use a technique called "faux cloisonne". I still have no idea what it means but it sure did look interesting. Basically, you find a picture in a magazine, stamp over it with versamark, and then emboss it with gold embossing powder. You then cut around the image and use it in a card. Below is what I did, but there are a lot of increadible examples in the gallery at Splitcoast. Thanks for looking!
Here is the magazine picture I chose. It's from Wonder Time, a parenting magazine that I somehow got free and never read. It came in handy today, though. I sure wasn't going to tear up any of my papercrafting mags.
Stamps: Made from Scratch (SU!), Michael's $1 stamp (acrylic)
Paper: Magazine Page, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Ballet Blue (all SU!)
Ink: Versamark, Brillian Blue Marker
Embellishments: Gold Embossing Powder (SU!), White Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray), Paper Piercer
Here's a close-up of the flower.

2 comments:

Mark's Finest Papers March 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Super card!

Heather March 11, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Wow- perfect magazine background for the technique. Your card just looks super!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP