A "Wise" Card...

Friday, September 3, 2010

Hey there!  I finally have a minute to post this card.  It's been done for a few hours now and I'm just now getting time to write this up.  I am so happy it's Friday and I can't wait to get this long weekend started.    

The idea of this card was sparked when I was browsing through SCS and saw that the Free 4 All challenge for today was to use birds on your card.  I colored my owl with markers and tied a piece of burlap string by his feet to make it look like he's sitting a branch, or nest, or something.
The sentiment on this card says: "A wise owl once said..." and on the inside: "Happiness is not having what you want.  It is wanting what you have. -Unknown".

Have you all noticed the new Papertrey Ink sets I've been using lately?  No, I didn't go on a shopping spree and break all my Frugal Friday rules.  My friend Elisabeth from Pennsylvania let me borrow a whole stack of her PTI stamps.  Her daughter and my daughter are pen pals and our love paper crafting immediately sparked a connection between us.  Sadly, I'll be sending her stamps back soon, but it was so much fun while it lasted!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend!!!

{A wise owl...}
Stamps: Wise Owl {Papertrey Ink}
Card Stock: Creamy Caramel, Really Rust (SU), Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Apple Cider (Imaginisce)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU), Perfect Little Black Dress (CSS)
Accessories: Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Foam Dimensionals, Markers, Burlap String (May Arts)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Elisabeth September 4, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

Awwww sweet comment! :) NO RUSH! I won't need them until mid-October - wish you were here - we are on a 4 day crop weekend at a luxury hotel and my friend and I arrange it so we get it very REASONABLE rates... :( could you make a special trip and join us??? Oh I can dream right? :)

Sheila Bennett September 4, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

What a cute card. The little piece of burlap glued on for a "branch" is a great idea. And I love that adorable little sentiment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP