An Inspired "Happy Birthday" Card...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010



Hello there!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  As part of my morning ritual, I wake up a half hour before the kids need to get up for school (except for these last few days, don't get me started...), I drink my coffee and read through email and then browse my favorite blogs using my Google Reader.  Well, this morning I came across this lovely card from Silke Ledlow.  My first thought was, "WOW! What a stunning card!" and then my next thought was "Hey, I have that stuff!".  So as soon as I got back from taking the kids to school I went right down to my studio and grabbed my Top Note Die and my Oval Nesties.  And here you have my card for today!

I also used a cool new flower punch I bought last week when I trekked to Archiver's.  I love making my own flower embellies and this punch is perfect for that.  All of the patterned papers on this card are from the Basics Manila collection from Basic Grey.  That is such a versatile collection to have in your arsenal.  For my flowers, I sponged the petals with pink (and not just the edges but all over) and then I sponged the leaves as well.  Speaking of the leaves, those are from the SU Bird's & Blooms Sizzix Die set.    
It's hard to see in the photo, but the layer that the sentiment is stamped on is actually patterned paper as well. It has a bit of a distressed look with very faint text.  In case you didn't notice, the leaves and the sentiment are the same color.  I thought that was a great way to add green to another part of the card and the pink was way too, well pink!

Have a great day!
{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments, Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Patterned Paper: Basics Manila (Basic Grey)
Ink: Orchid Pastel, Lime Pastel, Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)
Accessories: Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Top Note Sizzix Die (SU), Jumbo Brad (Making Memories), Flower Punch (Paper Shapers), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Birds & Blooms Sizzix Die (SU), Foam Dimensionals, Pink Rhinestones (Michaels)
Bookmark and Share 

1 comments:

Silke Ledlow October 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love how you worked the top note Dana!!! I'm so happy to hear I've inspired you...you totally made my evening!!! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP