A "Christmas Greetings" Card...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010


Hello friends!  I'm back with a card to share today.  I was having dizzy spells yesterday so creating in my studio was the last thing I wanted to be doing.  Now that I've made a card today, all the moving around has made me dizzy again.  It's a good thing I don't have to move around as I type this.

So, this morning I finally went through all of my SU Stampin' Spots and weeded out all the colors that are retired.  I went from 36 colors all the way down to 12!!!  But, I don't want to be using colors that are no longer available if you are wanting to reproduce any of my cards.  Which leads me to my next point.  I'm slowly buying all of the Colorbox Queue Cat's Eyes since they are similar to Stampin' Spots and I love the ink.  Anyway, they are about $9.99 (for a stack of 6 colors) at Michaels.  We don't live that close to a Michaels so I usually try to stop every time my kids have a dentist appointment to pick up something with my 40% off coupon.  So, I bought a new stack the other day and also happened upon something really really cool that I used on my card today.

That center strip is actually Printed Packaging Tape.  It is clear tape with red snowflakes printed on it.  You can see the glossy-ness of the tape in the photo below.  The wheels in my head were spinning thinking about all the possibilities for this tape.  Here is the best part-- it comes on a 32 yard roll (about 2" wide) for $1.  I was so tempted to buy every kind they had.  If you make a bunch of holiday cards (like I do) this would be a super inexpensive product to use.  You could probably make 75 cards and still have tape leftover.  I remember they had tape with garland on it as well and a few other choices that I can't think of right now.
Here's a view of the whole card at a different angle so you can see the dimension of the layers.
Can you tell I'm excited about my Michaels purchase?  I just love sharing new things with you.  Especially if they are affordable to everyone.

Have a great day!
{Christmas Greetings}
Card Stock: SS White, Pure Poppy, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Lipstick Red (Colorbox)
Accessories: Labels 9 & Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Printed Packaging Tape (Micheals), White Gel Pen (Sakura), Rhinestones (Michaels), Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals 
Bookmark and Share 

4 comments:

Bonita Rose September 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

fabulous, off to Michaels I go!

The Ossege Family September 28, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

That is sooooo cool, just might have to make a trip to Micheal's for some tape and start thinking about next year's x-mas card!

Sheila Bennett September 29, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

That packing tape looks really great! What a creative idea to use it on your card like that. I think you should visit Michaels and stock up on the other designs. :)

Jen Carter November 5, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

So pretty! I love the clean design and that packing tape is wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP