OCC Challenge - Sketch Challenge

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hey there!  It's Saturday and that means another fabulous challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week we have a sketch challenge for you.  I was short on time, so I used a pre-made card base from Creative Cuts & More.  These are perfect to use for a quick card.  They even come with a score line.  I'm not sure of the exact color, but I know it perfectly matches the patterned paper (Apple Cider by Imaginisce).

Every layer of this card is matted with cork.  The cork I use is so thin that it really doesn't add any extra bulk to a card, no more than regular card stock.

The sentiment "grateful"  is an SRM Press sticker.  I've been having a ball using their stickers lately.  I never thought I was a sticker person, but these are great since they look like stamps.

Check out the other sketch samples from the talented design team by clicking ----> HERE.  I hope you make some time to get creative this week and play along with the sketch challenge.  Have a wonderful weekend!!!

{Grateful}
Card Stock: Red Card Die Cut (Creative Cuts & More)
Patterned Paper: Apple Cider (Imaginisce)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU)
Accessories: Cork, Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Grateful Sticker (SRM Press), Ribbon (Michaels), Parakeet Brads (Bazzill), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Nicki September 18, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

Love, the fall colors! So enjoying your cards with cork. You have a great way of pairing papers and embellies!

Lori Rider September 18, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

This is great, Dana! I love all the cork and those wonderful papers - it makes a fabulous card!

Wendy J. September 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Dana, what a fun card! I love the warm colors and the polka-dot paper and the scallop border that coordinates with the polkadots. The sentiment punches are great together and then it's all on the cork. Love it!

Diane Gilbert September 18, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

Dana this card is fantastic, I love all the cork, and the warm fall colors!

Janelle September 20, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

What a pretty Fall card, Dana. The cork layers are perfect... especially the one with the sentiment mounted on it. It really adds a lot of interest. If I remember right, the Bengals won yesterday. Hmmm. Maybe since the Panthers are 0-2 they'll take it easy on us next week?!? :)

Sarah Gough September 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Love the hint of cork, very cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP