OCC Challenge - Color Challenge

Saturday, September 25, 2010



Hello!  I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  I'm here with a color challenge from Our Creative Corner. You can see the color combo on the left.  I don't have any of those exact colors, so I tried to match them as closely as possible with what I had on hand.  I did pretty good with the browns, but the blue I used was more of a navy. 
The oval has a woodgrain pattern on it.  I think this card has on overall masculine feel to it, which is good since I'm giving it to one of my guy friends with his house warming gift.  I don't think he'll mind the ribbon and bling, at least I hope not.  

Check out all the fabulous creations over at Our Creative Corner using this fantastic color combo.  I hope you have time to play along with us.

Have a great day!
{Congratulations on your new home}
Stamps: Boards & Beams (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Patterned Paper: Apple Cider (Imaginisce), Manila Basics (Basic Grey)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (SU), Creamy Brown, Chestnut Roan (Colorbox)
Accessories: Top Note Sizzix Die (SU), Edge Distresser, Foam Dimensionals, Oval Nesties (Spellbinders), Navy Sheer Ribbon (Offray), Rhinestones (Michaels)
Bookmark and Share 

4 comments:

Wendy J. September 25, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

It's wonderful, Dana! I can always count on you for a clean layout. I'm sure your friend will love it. I think the bling really helps the sentiment stand out. Nice job!

Sarah Gough September 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM  

I love the woodgrain effect, very cool! Great card!

JenE September 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM  

Love it! Perfect for a man even w/the bling!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie September 26, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Your card this week is really wonderful, Dana! Your color choices are perfect. I really love the woodgrain paper for your sentiment panel and of course I think the distressing is fantastic!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP