OCC Challenge - Fun with Folds!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hey there!!!  I have a fun challenge to share with you today.  If you are like me, you get stuck in a rut of making a standard card that folds in the middle.  Well, the challenge from Our Creative Corner this week is to make a card that doesn't fold the "normal" way or to use something folded on your card.

I wanted to try something new, so I headed over to the resource page at SCS and found this tutorial for my card.  I think I may have made a card like this before, a long, long time ago.  I have clearly been obsessed with the Hippy Girl paper pad by Kaiser Craft.  I used one of the label die cuts that comes with the paper pad as the focal point on my card.
Instead of closing the card with a ribbon that would need to be untied, I decided to make a belly band that will slide off the card.  The pink label die cut is attached to the belly band with foam dimensionals.  I also decorated the inside of the card using another piece of patterned paper with rounded corners.

You won't want to miss the other fabulously folded cards that the rest of the design team created at Our Creative Corner.  I Hope you all have a great weekend and have some time to join in this fun challenge!!!

{Thank You}
Stamps: Thank You (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Hippy Girl (Kaiser Craft)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU)
Accessories: Hippy Girl Die Cut (Kaiser Craft), Foam Dimensionals, Pink Rhinestones (Michaels), Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

10 comments:

Lori Rider September 11, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

Dana, this is so cool! I don't think I've seen that fold before. Your version is awesome - love the colors in those papers and your great label on the belly band!

Lori Rider September 11, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie September 11, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Such a cool card, Dana! Love the way the whole thing folds up. Great colors and DPs too! The belly band is a great idea to keep it closed.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Wendy J. September 11, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Very pretty, Dana! Those cards are so fun to make but I never seem to send them to anyone! Love the main inside pannel and the wrap is perfect!

Nicki September 11, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Love that you are doing a non-traditional fold card. It looks awesome! may have to give that one a try. And the way you decorated the inside is beautiful!

miislucky September 11, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

This is a very cool card!!! Love the colors and the idea!!

*Star September 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Such a beautiful card! I love the papers you used. Tfs and have a great day. :)

JenE September 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

Great card Dana! LOVE the pp and colors you used. That belly band is something I think I'm going to try for my sister's b-day card.

Heather D. September 12, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

Very original! Love it!

The Ossege Family September 13, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

The whole card is awesome, can't wait to try making one myself :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP