A "You've got a friend in me" Card

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello!  Hope you all are having a happy Monday.  We had a great weekend, even though Scott was out of town on a "man-cation" from Wednesday through Sunday.  I have some great friends who kept us busy the whole time so we weren't sitting at home alone.  I've included some pics at the bottom of this post.

Now, onto my card.  This card uses the Sept. SOTM  (Topiaries) from Clear & Simple Stamps.   As soon as I saw the tall, thin topiaries, I knew they would look great repeated on a card.  The topiaries were stamped with Versamark onto white cardstock and then clear embossed.  I then sponged blue ink over the entire white area.
The image panels are popped up on foam dimensionals.  The patterned paper in the background is woodgrain.  I love the sentiments in this set, even though this one has me singing "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story.

Now, here's a few pictures from our weekend.  We had a play date, a MaryKay party, a long drive to Archiver's and Borders, and a birthday party.  We stayed home yesterday to watch the Bengal's game, of course.  Scott came home from is "man-cation" for about an hour and then headed off to the game.  The Bengals won!!!

After the birthday party.  Halle and the birthday boy enjoying s'mores.

Halle & Colin decked out in their Bengal's gear playing on the deck with moon sand.  Moon Sand is definitely an outside activity.


Halle writing in her new diary (with a lock) that she bought at Border's using her gift card. 
 That's about it!  I hope to start including more pics every week.  Some of my favorite bloggers do this and I really enjoy it.  

Have a great week!!!

{You've Got a Friend in Me}
Stamps: Topiaries (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: A Blanc Check, Kraft Like a Rockstar, Espresso Your Style
Patterned Paper: Apple Cider (Imaginisce)
Ink: Fresh Snow (PTI), Brilliant Blue (SU), Espresso Your Style, Versamark
Accessories: Navy Sheer Ribbon (Offray), A Blanc Check Brads, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Basement Stamper September 20, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Great card and those topiaries to look great repeated on the card. Your kids are beautiful and looks like they had fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP