It's Frugal Friday!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Hi there!  Today kicks off my very first Frugal Friday post.  I'm a stay-at-home-mom so that means we are a one income family.  This whole card-making/scrapbooking industry can become very expensive very quickly.  I want to share with you some tips and tricks I've learned along the way.  I've made quite a few mistakes that I have learned from and hope you could learn from them too.  

Over the next seven weeks, I'll be covering the following topics:
  • Card Stock & Patterned Paper
  • Stamps
  • Adhesive
  • Buying Supplies
  • Ribbon
  • Ink
  • Punches & Tools
  • Design Teams

My philosophy is simple.  Treat your supplies like you would your wardrobe.  Invest in classic pieces that will never go out of style and accessorize with trendy items.  In the coming weeks I will get into specifics and tell you what brands and items I have in my studio (and what I've bought that was a total mistake).  You will be surprised by just how few stamps sets I own and how I'm able to get so much mileage out of them.  I will also tell you about some lessons I've learned about my supplies in regards to get my cards published.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, please bookmark my site so you don't miss these Frugal Friday posts.  I would love to hear from you.  If you have any of your own tips to share or questions you'd like answered, please leave it in the comments section.  Feel free to suggest a new topic as well.  I can't wait to get started with this series!

I hope you all will enjoy this series and it is helpful to you!!!  Have a great day!!!


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Bonita Rose June 11, 2010 at 2:50 PM  

I'll be looking forward to reading more... frugal.. sometimes, that's hard for me to do.. LOL

Maureen Merritt June 12, 2010 at 6:21 AM  

Yay, you must be writing this for me :)

Christelle June 12, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Well, I can't wait, .... it sounds like a very good coaching for me...Spend less, enjoy more!

JenE June 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

So looking forward to this series! You know I love your cards and often wondered how many stamps sets you have, where you buy them. Can't wait till next Friday :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP