OCC Challenge - CASE an OCC Girl!!!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hi guys! It's Saturday (thank goodness!) and that means another challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week's challenge is super fun.  We are CASEing cards from the OCC Design Team.  If you are not familiar with CASEing, it's when you recreate a card someone else has made changing two or more elements to make it your own.

I chose to CASE this great card by Wendy Janson.  I love the bride and groom hearts and we have a wedding coming up.  The wedding colors are blue and yellow, so I kept the blue from Wendy's card and added yellow in the card stock and ribbon.  I used a lattice punch instead of a scalloped trim punch.  I kept the swiss dots embossing folder but used a Birds & Swirls embossing folder on the bride heart.  I also swapped out the pearls for rhinestones and used a different sentiment stamp.

This challenge was so FUN!  I hope you have time to join in and CASE one of the OCC girls.  I can't wait to see what you all create.  Maybe I'll see a card or two of mine in there.  Check out what all the OCC girls created at Our Creative Corner  and who they CASEed.

Have a great weekend!

{Congrats}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, True Black, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Lattice Punch (Martha Stewart), Clear Rhinestones (Michaels), Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug), Yellow Ribbon (Offray), Black Fine Tip Marker (Sharpie), Foam Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Heart Punch (Paper Shapers)
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Wendy J. June 19, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

How fun...we chose each other to CASE. I'm honored by your choice. Thank you.

This is adorable. I especially love the yellow bow tie to bring out that secondary color. Love all your changes!

Diane Gilbert June 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

This card is ADORABLE, how did I miss this one! Great job on casing Wendy! Love both cards!!! Hope your having a great weekend!

Julie Leblanc June 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM  

Almost cased that one:-) Love it! Hugs, Julie...

Joanna June 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

LOVE this card! I really like how you made the hearts a bride and groom..cute!

Mary Marsh June 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

love both card yours & the original-like your use of the lattice punch-great wedding card

Anonymous July 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

I cased your card. Added pearls and crystal glitter to the dress/heart. Love your ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP