OCC Challenge - Cool Colors

Saturday, June 26, 2010


Hi there!  I'm here with another challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week the challenge is to make a card using the cool colors, blue and green.  I've been seeing a ton of cards lately that have a "frame" created with a marker and ruler.  I've done this before, but I always forget about that technique.  It adds a sort of polished look to the card.  I didn't plan for the card to be masculine, it just turned out that way.  That's okay because I can always use masculine cards.

I hope you have time to play along with us this week.  I know our schedule is bursting at the seams, but it's always nice to squeeze in a little "me-time" in the studio.  Head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out the amazing cards from the rest of the Design Team.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

{Congrats}
Stamps: Communique Sentiments, Around & About Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Brilliant Blue (SU)
Accessories: Parakeet Brads (Bazzill), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Blue Floss (DMC), Foam Dimensionals, Blue Marker (Crayola)
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Lori Rider June 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

This is really cute! I love your stars with the brads and the great frame you made. You are right - that is an easy technique that is easy to forget about, but it makes such an impact!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie June 26, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

Terrific card, Dana! Great technique and wonderfully executed! I'd be afraid my corners wouldn't mesh but yours are perfect.

Diane Gilbert June 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

Dana what a great card!! This is a wonderful masculine card! Thanks for the technique tip, I'm going to have to try it!

Bonita Rose June 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

such a great simple card! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP