I love you so much...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello!  I hosted "girls craft night" at my house over the weekend and we had a blast.  It wasn't the most productive night for me, but it did wonders for my soul.  Sometimes you just need a girls night to gossip and vent, and just be girls.  A little wine doesn't hurt either!

Even though I did get a few cards done I decided not to post any today since I wanted to participate in this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  Since this one is a contest, I wanted to stay true to the sketch.  As you can see, the main sentiment panel is crooked and it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.  Can you say PROGRESS!!!

The card base is craft and everything else is Love Me Do patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.  I used my corner rounder punch for the scallops instead of using my scallop edge punch.  The "sun" and "cloud" are from the die cuts that came with the Love Me Do patterned paper.  I sponged the edges of the "sun" so it wouldn't blend into the yellow paper behind it.
I didn't have the perfect yellow ribbon, so I used white and colored it with a yellow copic marker (Y06).  My friend Melanie couldn't make it to our craft night, but she graciously let me borrow her copics.  Thanks Melanie!  I'm having fun playing with them.

{I love you so much}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Love Me Do (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Stampin' Sponge (SU), White Grosgrain Ribbon, Y06 Marker (Copic), Die Cuts from Love Me Do Collection (My Mind's Eye)
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) June 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Oh, this is just darling. Love the fun images and patterns. Thanks for playing Mojo!

Andrea Ewen June 7, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

What a fabulous color combination! Love the sentiment as well...great card!

The Other Patti Sue June 7, 2010 at 3:44 PM  

Totally awesome card!

Bonita Rose June 7, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

great card.. and I agree, getting together with just the girls is so good for the soul!!! so so good!

Krista June 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Great card Dana !

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP