Thank you for being so thoughtful...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hello!  I wanted to make some thank you cards for a friend that is expecting a baby girl in July.  When you are making a set of cards, you want the layout to be simple and use minimal supplies.  I'm not someone who likes to make the same card over and over, so I want to make the process as quick and easy as possible (and still make a super cute card, of course!).

For this card I am only using one piece of 12" x 12" patterned paper.  I cut the patterned paper into 1/2" strips about 3 inches long.  Then I went through all my white paper scraps and pulled out any that could be trimmed to 2" x 2.5".  I'm planning on making about 20 cards, so I also pulled out 10 sheets of white card stock.   I stamped the elephant in pink on all the rectangle panels and sponged the edges and applied the green brad for the eye.  Next I stamped the sentiment in green on the card base.  Apply your patterned paper strips and then adhere the elephant panel using foam dimensionals.  Round the top right edge and your done!  Easy peasey!

I've only made 6 of these and have 14 more to go.  Everything is cut, so they just need to be assembled.  The perfect task for watching TV.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!!!

{Thank you for being so thoughtful}
Stamps: Precious Baby Boy (Hero Arts), Signature Greetings (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper:  Pink and White (Creative Imaginations)
Ink: Pink Passion, Certainly Celery (SU)
Accessories: Green Mini Brad (Queen & Co), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Nicki (CSS) June 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Perfect card for mass production, and love the little brad detail for the eye - very cute!

Bonita Rose June 16, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

these are perfect..... she is gonna love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP