OCC Challenge - Sketch Challenge

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Hello! I'm here today with a new sketch challenge from Our Creative Corner. Sugar Creek Hollow is sponsoring the challenge this weekend and has graciously offered the DT the use of one of their digital stamps. Sugar Creek Hollow is a new digital stamp company and their grand opening is March 1st. They are a Christian company that is giving all of their proceeds to a food pantry. They are offering $10 in free digital images to the lucky winner of this week's random selection.


As you can see by my card above, I chose an image called Heart Filigree. I colored in the heart with a red marker. Once your image comes out of your printer, make sure it is dry before you start coloring or the black ink will bleed into your marker. Not pretty!
The sketch today used a ticket punch on the corners. I don't have a ticket punch, so I used a 1/2" circle punch to do the job. You just slide your corner in the punch until the corner is in the center of the circle, then punch! Voila! Who needs a ticket punch?

I hope you get a chance to participate this week! Head on over to Our Creative Corner and see the other digital images the DT used on their projects.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
{Filigree Heart}

Digital Stamps: Heart Filigree (Sugar Creek Hollow)
Card Stock: Kraft (Papertrey Ink) Basic Black (SU)
Ink: Red Marker
Accessories: Black Mini Brads (Making Memories), 1/2" Circle Punch (SU), Red Rhinestones (Michaels), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

Unknown February 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

great card and awesome tip on the corners! One less tool I "need"- LOL!

LorettaL February 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Brilliant corner punch technique!!! Gorgeous card, Dana.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie February 27, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Wow, wow, wow!! I love how you used this image, Dana! The red and black on that kraft colored DP looks fabulous and I love the red and black pearls. Wonderful job - thanks for using a SCH image this week with your sample.

Thanks for sharing that great circle punch tip too!

Joycelyn Pelkey February 27, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Such a striking color combo...this is beautiful Dana!!!

Wendy J. February 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Wow! Joycelyn said exactly what I was going to say! That doesn't happen very often! I like that you used the 1/2" circle punch because it made the cut a little bigger and I like that. I love the red rhinestones that you added too!

Lori Rider February 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Beautiful card, Dana. That heart is simply gorgeous and I love your striking colors!

Silke Ledlow February 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

Dana - your card is GORGEOUS!!! I love the striking colors and how you colored the heart. He,he,he we both used the side pearls the same way...got to love it!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Jennifer Meyer February 28, 2010 at 2:12 AM  

Fabulous card Dana, what a gorgeous design and I LOVE how you show cased the corners! Great tip ~ thanks!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Jenny Gropp March 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Love this, Dana! Great way to show how to improvise when you don't have a ticket punch or want a deeper indent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP