OCC Challenge - Guy Valentine

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hi! The challenge this week at Our Creative Corner is to make a masculine Valentine's Day card. When I think of masculine cards, I think of simplicity. My card base is glossy red cardstock. I used the same paper for the heart (popped up on foam dimensionals). I knew this stamp from Imaginisce would be perfect for a guy card.
The gray panel is a piece of Elan Metallics cardstock in Graphite. I think it looks like metal, which is definitely masculine.


Check out Our Creative Corner for a lot more ideas on making masculine Valentine's Day cards.

Have a great day!!!
{I Love You}

Stamps: I love you (Imaginisce)
Card Stock: Glossy Red (Bindakote), Graphite (Elan Metallics) , White, Black
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Black Stitched Ribbon (Offray), Clear Rhinestone (Michaels), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success)
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Lori Rider February 6, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Wow, Dana, this is awesome. The glossy and metallic cardstocks just make it so cool! Love the clean layout and bold style.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie February 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

I love red and black together and this is PERFECT for a guy. Terrific use of the gray metallic cardstock too! I really like the clean simplicity of this card!

LorettaL February 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM  

Dana, this card is stupendous! A very classy guy card.

Wendy J. February 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Love the card, Dana! That metallic cardstock is great! Love the ribbon..not too "girly" and yet the stitching on it really adds to the card! I like the sketch too.

Joycelyn Pelkey February 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

What a perfect 'guy' card!!! Love the simple, yet striking elements!!

Anonymous February 8, 2010 at 5:54 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Gropp February 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

This color combo always works! Fabulous Dana! Love the clean lines and the little crystal on the heart -- perfect touch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP