OCC Challenge & Paper Maniac Baby Blog Hop

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hello! It's an exciting day here on my blog. I'm here with a new Our Creative Corner challenge, which is to try a new technique. Any technique that is new to you! Splitcoast Stampers is a great resource for techniques and tutorials. The technique that I tried today is called Folded Paper Frame. The paper I used is not double sided, so I adhered the two papers together using snail adhesive and then cut the square to the size I needed.
I am also taking part in a mini blog hop with Paper Maniac to celebrate the birth of a new baby on our DT. Jessy was scheduled for a C-Section on Wednesday. I made my card gender neutral since we don't know the sex of the baby yet. Sending you and your family some lovin', Jessy!!! If you are following our Baby Blog Hop, you should have arrived here from Angie's blog. If you did not and want to start from the beginning, you'll need to go back to the Paper Maniac Blog. The next stop on our Baby Blog Hop is Stephanie!!!
There's also some blog candy to go along with the Baby Blog Hop. All you need to do is leave a comment on the last blog on the hop. Good luck winning these awesome St. Patrick's day goodies.
I hope you have some time to try a new technique this week! Please visit Our Creative Corner to check out all the new techniques the DT tried this week!!!

{So Precious}

Stamps: Precious Baby Boy (Hero Arts)
Card Stock: Kraft, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss (Papertrey Ink), Naturals Ivory (SU)
Patterned Paper: Earth Love Mini Deck (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Mellow Moss (SU)
Accessories: Silver Mini Brads (Making Memories), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

34 comments:

Melissa February 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

Cool technique! TFS!

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

StampinCathy February 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

This is one fabulous baby card. Love the colors, layers, and image you used. Very inspiring.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie February 20, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

Wow, terrifc job on the challenge, Dana. I love how your card turned out. That technique looks complicated but produces a great looking card. You rocked this challenge!

JazzyH February 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

WOW!

Ceal February 20, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Love it! I will have to try that technique, great card Dana love the colors

Patti February 20, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I have never tried that technique, but this result is so gorgeous it is now on my to do list. Beautiful work, Dana.

Joycelyn Pelkey February 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

What a wonderful baby card, Dana!!! That frame is amazing and I love the papers!!

LorettaL February 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

Dana, your baby card is darling! I almost tried this technique, but went for something else instead.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) February 20, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

ADORABLE, Dana! :)

Wendy J. February 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM  

Dana, this is darling! I love that you made the papers double-sided. I'm going to have to try this one! Great job!

TeenaBugg38 February 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

Beautiful card....I am gonna ahve to try that one...I love the look of it!!! BTW...I was blessed with a little Jesse of my own...he is 5 now :)

jaccileigh February 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

Your card is gorgeous!!! I love the way you made the frame for the elephant. It is awesome!

Anonymous February 20, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown February 20, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

What a gorgeous card Dana it's beautiful

Janie Boots
boots3103@hotmail.com

Christine February 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM  

Beautiful card! I love that technique!

Blessings,
Christine

silvia February 20, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Adorable card!!

sgc February 21, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

I'm going to try your technique. It is really neat! Your card is adorable.

Tenia Nelson February 21, 2010 at 2:50 AM  

Awesomeness!!

Stacey February 21, 2010 at 4:16 AM  

I can't wait to try that technique - I have never seen it before and it looks really intersting and fun. Thanks for everything!

Stacie (craft-princess) February 21, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

What a neat new technique...really does make it look like a picture in a frame!

LesleyfromWI February 21, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Cute...love the design!

JenE February 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

love, love, love your card! i may have to try this one soon! tfs :)

vicki February 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM  

freat card looks hard to do though

Jennifer Meyer February 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

What a precious card and design Dana! I have always wanted to try this technique, thanks for the push!

Have a wonderful week ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Wilfreda February 21, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

Very cute. I like the paper.

Bonita Rose February 21, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

so unique!!

Crafty In Carolina Stamper February 21, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

The sentiment is perfect, because this card is soooo precious, as is the baby I'm sure =)

Carol February 22, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

Oh, I love your folded frame, great card!

Michelle February 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Awsome card! So cute and love the frame.

Britt-Inger February 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Hello.
What a wonderful and imaginative card you made:):)
Hugs, Britt-Inger

Lillian Child February 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

This is just over the top precious!

Joanne Travis February 22, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

The paper frame is really fabulous and sets off your image so beautifully!!

Cheryl February 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

Very cute! Cool technique.

Jessy February 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Dana- this card is just gorgeous. I love that folded frame technique, and I will have to try that one out for sure. Thanks so much for the hop, this was very nice to come home to. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP