Enjoy the Ride...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello! Another snow day here in Northern Kentucky!!! I don't think the kids are going to make it to school this week. I need to get outside and take some pics to share with you. I just went out to the mailbox and the snow drifts were up to my knees!


Amidst all this snow, I've made a card that screams SPRING! This was also the theme for the Clean & Simple challenge yesterday on SCS. I love this color combination. I used a piercing template for the swirls, although the holes were spaced much wider. So I just pierced in between them as well. You can find the template I used here.
The top layer of each butterfly is covered in stickles and I used clear rhinestones for the centers. This is the first time I have layered two butterfly punches and I love the 3D look. Will definitely be using that again!

I hope you enjoyed this super simple card! Have a great day!!!


{Enjoy the Ride}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Clear Rhinestones (Michaels), White Gel Pen (Sakura), Paper Piercer, Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), Glue Dots, Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Foam Dimensionals, Piercing Template (Bazzill Basics)
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

florascrap February 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Very cute Dana. :) I haven't had ANY stamping mojo for the past few weeks. I DID make a little doll quilt and Kindle clutch last weekend for my daughter and grandma, respectively and then this past weekend I made a 30x30 quilt for my friend's baby who was born a week ago and is in the NICU--surgery will be this Thursday to repair a diaphragmatic hernia. I feel like I go in phases with crafting..sometimes I am into scrapbooking, sometimes stamping/card making, and sometimes sewing. Keeps all of the creative juices flowing, I guess. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP