Emboss Resist Challenge...

Friday, February 5, 2010

Hello! Hello! I was so excited to read this morning that Papertrey Ink is going to start hosting a weekly technique challenge (Make it Monday). I guess they decided to do a practice round today with an emboss resist challenge. You can see a video of this technique on Nichole Heady's blog. This is a relatively new technique for me, so it was nice to have a video to watch.
I wanted to keep the focus on the butterfly, so I kept the rest of the card clean and simple.


I hope you have a great weekend!

{Soaring by to say hi}

Stamps: Butterfly Kisses, Everyday Button Bits, Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Raspberry Fizz, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Pixie Pink (SU)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (SU), Corner Rounder Punch (EK Success), Pink Ribbon (Offray), Foam Dimensionals, Clear Rhinestones (Michaels)

Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Els February 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

Gorgeous card, Dana! I love the resist on the butterfly. SO nice and soft.

Wendy J. February 5, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

I think it's beautiful, Dana! I was going through my google reader and saw your post. It caught my eye because I used Nichole's card for my inspiration for tomorrow's OCC challenge! I know, great minds think alike! Love your card!

sillyleann February 5, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

I really like this. Great job!!

Nancy L. February 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

so pretty!

Emily Leiphart February 5, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

This is gorgeous!

colleenk February 6, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

This is really pretty!!

Sheila Bennett February 6, 2010 at 4:13 AM  

Very pretty card. Really like the 'text' in the background behind the embossed butterfly. A really nice effect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP