Origami Challenge

Friday, February 12, 2010

TGIF! I'm so happy that it's Friday but my mojo is completely zapped. I reworked this card so many times, and I finally just decided to post it as is. The flower is so complex that the rest of the card needs to be simple. I made the flower using a technique called the dahlia fold.
Papertrey Ink is having an origami challenge on their blog today and I immediately thought of the dahlia fold technique. My poor, cracked and dry fingertips are so sore after this card.


I hope you have great weekend!!!


{grateful for you}

Stamps: Friends 'til the End (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Sweet Love (Little Yellow Bicycle)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Red Rhinestone (Kaiser Craft), Circle Punch (Paper Shapers), White Gel Pen (Sakura)
Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Nancy L. February 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

beautiful flower!

Kara February 12, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

very pretty!
Kara

Sylvia/LittleTreasures February 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

You did well with this. It is a complicated adventure sometimes.
Your color combo and otherwise simple design make this stand out. Good Job

Kelly S. February 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

So pretty...love the red and white, and I love your dahlia! Origami is not quite my thing, either, but you did it WELL!!!!!

dazey February 12, 2010 at 6:39 PM  

That flower is gorgeous! I think the paper you used is perfect -- really enhances the look of the flower.

Anonymous February 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Good brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP