Sending smiles across the miles...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello!  When I first laid eyes on this hot air balloon stamp from the Across the Miles set, I immediately knew I wanted to use a paper piecing technique and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.  I used a piece of swirly blue patterned paper for the background.  It gives the light and airy feeling of clouds.  I chose two bold pieces of patterned paper to stamp the hot air balloon image onto using Perfect Little Black Dress ink.

It's hard to see in the photo, but the inside of the white label panel is sponged in Trendsetter Blue ink leaving a white border around the edges.

You can see in this photo that I stamped the white card stock first and applied the patterned cut-outs using foam dimensionals.  The hot air balloon basket was stamped on Kraft Like a Rockstar card stock, cut out and applied directly to the stamped image on white.

Thanks so much for joining me today!

{Sending smiles across the miles}
Stamps: Across the Miles (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, A Blanc Check
Patterned Paper: Modern Milan (Me & My Big Ideas)
Ink: Perfect Little Black Dress, Trendsetter Blue, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Labels 9 Nesties (Spellbinders), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Basement Stamper August 16, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

I love paper piecing with this set, it's wonderful and your card is gorgeous!

florascrap August 16, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Beautiful! Love the paper piecing. :) My sister-in-law loves hot air balloons and I bought PTI's Up, Up & Away to make cards, etc. for her!

Steph Zerbe August 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

This is so pretty! Love the pattern paper in the balloons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP