OCC Color Challenge

Saturday, August 28, 2010





Hello!  I hope you are enjoying your Saturday so far.  I have a card to share with you for this week's Our Creative Corner challenge.  This week is a color challenge.  These color swatches are Stampin' Up colors, but feel free to use whatever similar colors you have on hand--I did!!!

I've been dying to make a flower like this for so long.  I can never remember to do it when I'm in my studio.  Anyway, the flower is made from 4 scalloped circles that are folded in half and then in half again.  The red polka dot paper I used is actually from a Christmas paper pad.  The back of the patterned paper was white, so I took a sponge and sponged it yellow.  I really like the contrast it adds.    
The leaves on my card are one stamp, but they were too close together so I stamped one side first and then the other, leaving just enough room for my flower.  The stamp is from PTI's Blooming Button Bits and you are supposed to use buttons where I used the paper flower.

If you didn't come here from the Our Creative Corner blog and check out the other card samples from the talented design team.  I hope you can join us this week.  Have a great day!!!

{You're on my mind}
Stamps: Blooming Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip (SU), Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: 'Tis the Season (Kaiser Craft)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Barely Banana (SU) 
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch (SU), Edge Distresses (Heidi Swapp), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Foam Dimensionals, Button, Glue Dots 
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie August 28, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Wow, your flower is so pretty, Dana. I like how you featured so much of the brown - terrific layout. Great job on this color challenge.

Wendy J. August 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM  

Dana, this is such a pretty card! I love your flower and simple design! Great job!

Sarah Gough August 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Love it Dana! That flower is great!

Diane Gilbert August 28, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

Great card Dana! Your flower is awesome, I like how you colored the back of the background paper. I LOVE making those paper flowers, I'm going to have to try that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP