Happy Birthday, Queenbee...

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hello!  Today is my Grandma's 80th birthday and I made this card to give her at her party on Sunday.  Pretty much my entire family refers to her as Queenbee, so this stamp set is so appropriate for her birthday card.  There is a lot of bling on this card, a little too much for my liking, but I know that's what Grandma is going to like the best.  She is one classy lady that loves jewelery.
The layout comes from this week's Mojo Monday Sketch.  I tried out some new ink on this card.  I purchased a Colorbox chalk ink stacking tower (Cat's Eyes) in primary.  So far I really like them.  I really like the coverage on solid stamps.  Since half of my SU stampin' spots are retired I thought this may be a good switch.
This bee was stamped twice, once on the distressed yellow paper, cutting out the body of the bee.  Then I stamped the bee again on white.  I adhered the yellow body on top of the image stamped on the white.
I even decorated the inside of the card.  I stamped the same flowers but used a white gel pen to fill in the flower centers instead of rhinestones so the card would close flat.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!

{Happy Birthday, Queenbee}
Stamps: Honey Bees (Papertrey Ink), Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Card Stock: SS White, Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Urban Prairie (Basic Grey)
Ink: Blue Lagoon, Lime Pastel (Colorbox), Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Clear Rhinestones (Michaels), Black Ribbon (Offray), Birds & Blooms Sizzix Die (SU), Rickrack Die (Papertrey Ink), Foam Dimensionals, Circle Punch (SU), Corner Rounder Punch (SU), White Gel Pen (Sakura)
Bookmark and Share




3 comments:

Amy L August 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

I love this card. It is simple, but so cute. I like the inside, especially.

Hi! I'm Karen Jo. August 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

very pretty! Love your bling!

Julee (Vervegirl) August 10, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

This is just darling. Love all the bling. Thanks for playing Mojo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP