OCC Challenge - Embossing

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hello!  It's Saturday and that means a new challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week the challenge is to use embossing on your cards.  The card I made uses dry embossing.  I used a Swiss Dots embossing folder on the kraft card base.  The oval shape was cut out with a Nestabilities Die and then embossed with the same die.  
This card uses this week's Sketch Challenge at SCS.  It's kind of a funky layout, but I really like it.  I'm in love with that rocking chair and the sentiment "you rock".  So clever.

If you haven't already, check out the design team's samples over at Our Creative Corner.  I hope you have a chance to play along.  Have a great weekend!!!

{You Rock!}
Stamps: Chair-ished (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Orange Zest, Vintage Cream, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Modern Milan (Me & My Big Ideas)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green (SU)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge (SU)
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Wendy J. August 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Dana, you know until I saw your card on the post last night I was totally forgetting about embossing folders?! Da! Very cute card. Love the DSP. That stamp and sentiment is so darn cute! Have a great weekend!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie August 8, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

Cute card - it made me smile! I love the kraft(sadly I always forget about using it) and that's one of my all time favorite embossing folder!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP