Hoping you're fully "re-covered" soon...

Friday, August 6, 2010

Hello & TGIF!  I made this card last week when my Mom was in the hospital.  It was the first time I used this stamp set.  I did have a little trouble with the couch image.  It was hard to get good coverage.  I think I stamped it about 7 times before I got a perfect one.  I think the stamp just needed to be used a little. The polka-dotted couch is popped up on foam dimensionals and the rug and lamp are stamped directly on the card stock.  
Here's a close-up of the dimension of the card.  Have I mentioned I love foam adhesive?  I also love sponging  the edges of card stock with ink.  I really like clean and simple and inking replaces the need to matte each layer.  Not to mention it saves you $ by saving on paper.

I hope you all have a great weekend!  We have a busy one with out of town guests and my Grandma's 80th birthday party.  It's sure to be a good time.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

{Hoping you're fully "re-covered" soon}
Stamps: On My Couch Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Pure Poppy, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip(SU), Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stampin' Sponge (SU), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Foam Dimensionals, Markers
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mitzi Koons August 6, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Love your card, Dana - that couch is just darling! I don't have the right kind of inks for clear stamps but I love the style of Papertrey. Great colors and layout! Enjoy your grandmother's birthday party!

evgeers August 7, 2010 at 5:31 AM  

Sorry that I couldn't find that sofa die I told you I had... d'oh! and btw - sorry about the contact with the stamp - when I have that problem I put something - even a thin towel or something works - small, so as not to wrinkle the cardstock, sometimes even a thick table cloth works - but put the cardstock on top, and then stamp, it will help with the contact on the image, makes the paper more "cushy" that is why the CTMH sets come with that sheet of foam... the woodies have the foam in between the stamp and wood, so with the clear stamps this is the way to recreate it - you can also use the foam sheets at the craft store - good luck and let me know if that helps! :) ahhh the pleasure of stamping! oxoxox

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP