Happy Birthday, Mom!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Hey guys!  Today is my Mom's birthday and needed to make her an extra special card.  Since my Mom reads my blog (Hi Mom!), I couldn't just grab a card out of my stash.  I wanted to make a card that was fun, but also one that took a lot of time and techniques.  I know this card looks simple, but the paper piecing was pretty time consuming.  I stamped the cupcake image on four types of paper (green, pink and white card stock and blue patterned paper).  I distressed some of the edges and sponged the edge of the white cupcake panel with light pink ink.  My Mom loves when I use buttons on my cards, so picking the cupcake image was a no-brainer for me.  I finished the card off with a big satin bow.

Of course my Mom loved it when I gave it to her earlier today.  She's been home from the hospital since Friday and is quickly adjusting back to normal life.  Mom, hope you are enjoying your special day!!!

{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Handwritten Notes, Baby Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Amy Butler Designer Pack (K & Co.)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Edge Distresser (Heidi Swapp), Foam Dimensionals, Button, Scissors, Blue Satin Ribbon (Offray)
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Nicki August 2, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

How adorable is that... Happy Birthday to Dana's mom :) Hope its extra special!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP