Maya, cute as a button...

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hello!  We are headed to visit friends tonight that just had a baby girl.  I could have grabbed a baby card out of my stash, but I really wanted to make Maya a special card.  I picked up these glitter-y chipboard letters at Michaels a few weeks ago.  They look like they're covered in sugar.  I wanted this card to be super girlie and I think I succeeded.  

I distressed the edges of the white panel and then I hand stitched a pink border around it.  I didn't have any pink buttons, so whipped out some nail polish and painted them.  (You can read more about painting your buttons HERE).  In case you can't read the sentiment, it says "cute as a button" and goes adorably with the buttons in the pea pod.  
There are foam dimensionals between every layer.  The chip board letters came with a foam backing already. This card is an odd size.  It's 6" x 3.5".

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

{Maya, cute as a button}
Stamps: Baby Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White, Raspberry Fizz (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive (SU)
Accessories: Jewel Alphabet Letter (Me & My Big Ideas), Edge Distresser, Floss (DMC), Buttons, Scalloped Rectangle Nestie (Spellbinders), Foam Dimensionals
Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

papertrails leaver August 13, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

what an adorable card! Love the pea pod!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP