OCC Challenge - Back to School

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hello!  Today I'm here with another fun challenge from Our Creative Corner.  This week is all about going back to school.  To be honest, I was scratching my head quite a bit on this one.  I really don't have any stamps that have a school theme.  The only thing I could think of was to use a paper clip on my card.  So, finally I decided to make bookmarks for my kids.  My daughter is a big reader and my son is starting to read chapter books.  

I started by stamping half a sheet of white card stock with a text background stamp using black ink.  I cut the paper into two bookmarks, 2" x 6".  I was kinda messy inking around the edges, but I like how it turned out.  I'm still getting used to wet colorbox ink.  I still really like it though.  It has really great coverage on solid stamps.  
Here are photos of them individually.
Stop by Our Creative Corner and check out what the rest of the design team created using the back to school theme.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a great day!!!

{Bookmarks}
Stamps: Text Style, Pond Life (Papertrey Ink), Modern Alpha (Clear & Simple Stamps)
Card Stock: SS White, Spring Moss, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Basic Black, Creamy Carmel, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery (SU), Lime Pastel, Blue Lagoon (Colorbox)
Accessories: Circle Punch (Paper Shapers)
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

The Mullens August 14, 2010 at 8:33 AM  

These are so cute! I'll have to attempt to make one for Ryan. He is starting kindergarden on the 25th so I'm sure he'll be reading alot very soon! Hope the kids have a great start to the school year :-)

Bonita Rose August 14, 2010 at 8:57 AM  

these are perfect... love them!

Wendy J. August 14, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

What a fabulously adorable idea, Dana! Love it! I love the variety your it brings to the group also! Thanks, Dana!

Sarah Gough August 14, 2010 at 5:41 PM  

Love them Dana, I bet they were much appreciated! I think bookmarks were perfect for the challenge.

Nicki August 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

These little bookmakers are darling! Love how you personalized them for the kids. I bet they just love seeing their name! Super fun :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie August 16, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

Such a cute idea and I'll bet your children love having their own personalized book marks. They turned out great! Great twist on this week's challenge.

Steph Zerbe August 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

How cool! These are so fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP