Paper Maniac Wednesday - More Holiday Decor!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hello! I'm back again this Wednesday bringing you more holiday decor ideas for Paper Maniac. Today I'm showing you a sign I made using Paper Maniac supplies along with a frame I picked up at my local dollar store.


Here's what the frame looked like before I altered the inside. It is made of plastic, but you wouldn't know the difference to see it sitting on your mantle. The frame opening is about 5" x 7".
The first thing I did was safely discard the glass. since we are altering the inside of the frame, the glass will not fit after you are finished. I took some plain chipboard letters and covered them with some Polar Expressions patterned paper by Imaginisce. I also used the striped paper from that same pack for the background. I took a piece of kraft paper and adhered it behind the letters so that the letters would be easier to see and read. I paper pierced along the top and bottom edges where the kraft met the striped paper.

When you are finished making the background paper, slide it into the frame. Do not adhere the letters before you put it in the frame. If you do that, you may not be able to fit it in the frame.

Now you can adhere your letters with glue dots. I used a narrow piece of green ribbon to tie a bow on the letter "J" and a snowflake with a button on the letter "O".

I created a flower accent using a glittery poinsettia, a felt flower and leaf, and a Robin's Nest Dew Drop.
This sign will be going up on my mantle, but I think it would look really great hanging on a wall with ribbon and a bow.

We are featuring holiday decor and ornaments on the Paper Maniac Blog all month long. Head on over and get inspired!


{Holiday "Joy" Sign}

Card Stock: Kraft
Patterned Paper: Polar Expression (Imaginisce)
Accessories: Dew Drops (Robin's Nest), Felt Flower & Leaf (Jillibean Soup), Poinsettia, Button, Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Chipboard Letters (SU), Glue Dots, Ribbon (Offray), Frame
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Mary November 11, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Great work! I love Robin's Egg dewdrops. I have a bottle I found at our LSS once and have never saw them again until on your page :o) Thanks for sharing your wonderful work :o)

Jennifer Meyer November 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

This is gorgeous Dana - what a wonderful project and tutorial!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP