A Mojo & Embellish Challenge Card

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hello! I feel like it's been forever since I've posted anything. I've been pulled in many directions lately and on top of that, I'm sick. Anyway, I finally got a few moments of solitude to play around with some new stamps. This card uses Papertrey's Background Basics: Text Style stamps. I used the Mojo Monday Sketch, which I tweeked a tiny bit.
I'm also participating in a new challenge at the Embellish Magazine Blog. This challenge was to use the colors blue, green, yellow, and red and you also had to use brads. Well, I don't own any colored brads, so I made some "faux brads" out of small punched circles. You can see them as the butterfly centers.


Well, thanks so much for stopping by for a visit today!


{Text Butterfly Card}

Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Enchanted Evening, Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy, SS White (Papertrey Ink), Garden Green (SU)
Ink: Real Red, Garden Green, Not Quite Navy (SU)
Accessories: 1/8" Circle Punch, New Leaf Twill Ribbon (Papertrey Ink), Glue Dots, Foam Dimensionals, Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart)
Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

Mary Marsh November 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

really like this card-I thought you created your own background with text-nice stamp-alss like the faux brads-I do that a lot on cards when I don't have a matching brad.
hope you are feeling better

Betty Benton November 18, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

This card is absolutely gorgeous! You did an excellent job with the embellish magazine challenge!

Judy Miller November 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Dana You did an awesome job on this card. The colors look great, I love the way you used Papertrey's background stamps. I've been deciding to get them, I think I will now. I too use punches to make my brads. Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better soon. Don't forget lots of chicken soup, hot tea & honey also Oil of Oregano really helps with sore throat, cough and colds. I gave it to my husband 'cause he was coming down with something and he was better in a few days. A couple of drops under the tough does the trick. Tastes "Ucky" but really works really good. Feel better. Love your blog. *** Judy

Create Fabulous November 19, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

oh this is wonderful! i love the different layers of text style -- fabulous job!

Terri Trotter Earley November 19, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Fun take on the challenge. Love the butterflies!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) November 21, 2009 at 12:06 AM  

This is FABUlOUS, Dana! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell December 1, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

I love that you made faux brads! Thanks for participating in an Embellish challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP