OCC Challenge - Postcard Inspiration

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello & welcome to another Our Creative Corner challenge. This week's challenge could not have come at a better time. The challenge is to use the format of a postcard as your inspiration. Well, one of my best friends wanted me to come up with some ideas for her son's birth announcement, and the only stipulations were that the base had to be navy and they had to be postcards. How perfect did this work for me! So, I kept the same format as a postcard by dividing it into two sides. Please note that these baby pictures came from Microsoft Clip Art.
I also made a flipped version of the birth announcement so my friend could see what she liked the best. Both announcements use the same supplies, just used in different ways. I especially liked using the ribbon for the corner edges. ETA: The fonts I used are Glider Girls for the baby's name and Corbel for all the details.


Thanks for stopping by today! Check out the other DT creations on the Our Creative Corner blog. I hope you have time to play along with us this week. Enjoy your weekend!!!


{Baby Boy Birth Announcements}

Card Stock: Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue (SU)
Accessories: Lemongrass Ribbon (Offray), Computer & Printer
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Jennifer Meyer November 14, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

What a beautiful layout Dana! I LOVE the precious design and gorgeous embossing!

Have a wonderful weekend ~ Hugs, Jenifer :)

LorettaL November 14, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Wowza, Dana!!!! I love what you did with this challenge. A totally inspired baby announcement!

Melissa November 14, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

How precious! I love the colors! Perfect!

Silke Ledlow November 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

OMG - this is toooo adorable!!! I really love this birth announcement!!! Perfect inspired challenge card!!! Hugs ~S~

Mrs B November 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Dana, this is just gorgous! I have a new grandbaby on the way! I will have to remember this for the birth announcement! This is just stunning!
cindyB

Linda Coughlin November 15, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Wow, Dana, what awesome baby announcements and what a fresh and fun take on the post card challenge!

Jenny Gropp November 16, 2009 at 6:41 PM  

Lovely take on the challenge!!! I really like that Corbel font too -- have to check if I have that in my font folder. Nicely done, Dana!!!

Anonymous January 23, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

These are awesome! Can you give me measurements??? I am trying to make something similar for my sister's announcements? Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP