OCC Challenge - Inspiration

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome to another challenge from Our Creative Corner. This week is an inspiration challenge and you can see the inspiration photo to the left.

My first thought was Halloween, but that is over (thank goodness!). My next thought was Thanksgiving, but I usually don't send out cards for that holiday. I decided to make some Thanksgiving place cards.

I've never made place cards before, but it turned out to be pretty easy. I used the computer and printer for the names. They are printed in a dark chocolate ink. The pumpkins are embossed in gold and then cut out using an oval nestabilities.

Here's a close-up of the gold embossing. So classy and perfect for a small Thanksgiving dinner.
Don't miss what the other DT ladies created at Our Creative Corner using the same inspiration piece and then join in the fun yourself!


{Thanksgiving Place Cards}

Stamps: Pumpkin (Michaels $1)
Card Stock: Kraft
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder (SU), Computer & Printer, Orange Satin Ribbon (Offray), Geneva Brads (Bazzill), Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

Lori Rider November 7, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

These are wonderful, Dana. I love the embossed pumpkins and the pretty ribbon treatment!

LorettaL November 7, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

I just love the simple elegance of these place cards!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie November 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Fabulous - you rocked this challenge Dana!! Love what you've done. It almost makes me wish I was entertaining for Thanksgiving - not!

Jennifer Meyer November 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

How cute are these?! LOVE the fun designs and embossing!

Have a fun weekend Dana ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Melissa November 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

How cool that the stamp was only $1! A great look at a bargain price! I am loving that!

I love your gold embossing, too! Smart idea!

Wendy J. November 7, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

These placecards are so simple and cute, Dana! Love them!

Silke Ledlow November 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Dana - you clever girl you!!! These place-cards are beautiful!!! Love the embossing!!! Hugs ~S~

abbartski November 8, 2009 at 7:39 AM  

So simple and elegant! I always do place cards and you just gave me a great idea. Thanks for sharing your awesome work!
Stay well,
AnnMarie

Mrs B November 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

These are so nice! I love the idea!
CindyB

CJ November 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Very nicely done. I expecially love the colors.

CJ

CJ November 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

Very nicely done. I expecially love the colors.

CJ

Jenny Gropp November 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

Dana - -these are simply sweeeeet! Lovely job -- gold embossing is always stunning and the kraft and brown are perfect compliments.

Anonymous November 9, 2009 at 3:15 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP