A Perfect Pair

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by today! I made another long and skinny card today. The finished size is 4"x8". I really should get some long and skinny envelopes so I can actually give them away. This card uses today's "ways to use it" challenge which is to use a pair of anything on your card. I picked butterflies from the Papertrey Ink set called Butterfly Wishes. I had not intended for this card to be monochromatic, but that's how it ended up.
Check out this curved sentiment. I've been seeing that treatment a lot lately and thought I would give it a try. I just used my scissors on a narrow strip of paper like you would use to curl ribbons on a present.
I love how my butterfly centers look. I believe this is the first time I've sandwiched a larger pearl between two smaller ones. The pearls add a certain elegance to the card.


Hope you've enjoyed today's card!


{A Perfect Pair}

Stamps: Butterfly Kisses (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Sweet Blush, SS White (Papertrey Ink), Ruby Red (SU)
Patterned Paper: Urban Prairie (Basic Grey)
Ink: Ruby Red, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Pearls (Michaels), Chit Chat Rub-ons (SU), Red Grosgrain Ribbon (Offray), Lattice Arch Punch (Martha Stewart), Button (Walmart), Thread (DMC), Glue Dots

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP