From me to you...and a quick question

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hello! First, if you missed my big announcement yesterday, click here!


Now, about the card. This card is tiny! It's 3" x 3", perfect to slap on a gift (and the sentiment is perfect for that as well).
Take a look at these buttons! My Mom just gave these to me last week. My Grandma has been collecting them for over 30 years! The buttons I used for this card came from this stash. They make perfect cherries!
Now, a quick question. Would you be interested in a tutorial showing how to use these types of buttons your cards (picture below)? I'll be doing some tutorials for Paper Maniac and this may be my first one if enough people are interested. It was not obvious to me how to use them, but I figured out a way and it's easy.
I hope you enjoyed another button card from me today. Also, today is my 30th birthday!!! Happy Birthday to me!


PS. This card uses office supplies (staples) which is for today's ways to use it challenge at SCS.

{From me to you}

Stamps: Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Lavender Moon, SS White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Certainly Celery (SU)
Accessories: Buttons (from my stash), staples, ribbon (offray), scallop rectangle nesties (Spellbinders), Foam Dimensional Tape

Bookmark and Share

13 comments:

Susan July 30, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

I would definitely be interested. I have quite a few these in my stash that I haven't used b/c I didn't want to deal with the "stump"

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com July 30, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

I would LOVE to see that tutorial! I find it a challenge to use those kind of buttons! What a wonderful stash of buttons you have, treasue them! Have you seen how much vintage buttons sell for on E-Bay?
Fabulous card too!!!

Sue McRae July 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

Love your button cherries! I would definitely like a tutorial on using those buttons.

JazzyH July 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Great card and love the buttons. I would be interested in the tutorial.

Anika Riar July 30, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

I would love to see how you use them since I have tons of them lying around and am unable to use it. Thanks.

LindaSS July 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM  

Your button card is adorable! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! My youngest just turned 30...sheesh, can't believe how quickly time flies. Birthday Blessings to you:)

sueincanada July 31, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Just found your blog and love all your cards. I also would really like to see a tutorial on using buttons.

Anonymous July 31, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

You mean there's a way besides sawing off the shank? I'd love to see it. Happy Birthday to you!!

abbartski August 1, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Oh, yes indeedy! I have a huge ginger jar of my Grandmother's buttons, but I'm not sure I can part with them, I'd use those other gazillion I have. Hope it's the best birthday you ever had, but not the best you'll ever have;)
Stay well,
AnnMarie

abbartski August 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

Oh, yes indeedy! I have a huge ginger jar of my Grandmother's buttons, but I'm not sure I can part with them, I'd use those other gazillion I have. Hope it's the best birthday you ever had, but not the best you'll ever have;)
Stay well,
AnnMarie

Mary Fish August 1, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

I'm digging those buttons. Very vintage and sentimental . . . it a whole new look. Hugs, M

Betty Meyskens August 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I would love to see you do some tutorials. I have some old buttons that have been collected for quite some time and would love to use them - so show us the way.

Sami August 4, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Use wire cutters tight up against the button to use without the 'tab' on the back - a flatter, easier look, but I'm sure everyone knew that . . . lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP