Cork Butterflies

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello! I was just reading a post on Kristina Werner's blog about using items in your craft stash (or as Kristina calls it "craft crap"). I am guilty of buying things and not using them or not knowing what to do with them. Well, awhile back I saw this card on Kristina Werner's site where she used cork on her card. I rushed out the next day to get some and guess what? I played with it a bit, but never used it on a card. So today is the day!!!


The cork sheets I used are super thin you can use punches on them. The butterflies are punched and I used a scallop edge punch on the bottom (hard to see because of the shadows). I was able to get the butterflies to look 3D by gluing it to another butterfly punch from card stock and then bending in the center.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!


{Cork Butterflies}

Stamps: Friends til the end (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: SS White, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink),
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Cork Craft Sheet (Quartet), Rhinestones (Michaels), Brown Satin Ribbon (Offray), Scallop Edge Punch (SU), Foam Dimensionals, Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), Glue Dots

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Unknown July 9, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

absolutely beautiful!

Heather in FL July 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

What a GREAT idea! I think I have some cork at home, too. Never was really sure how to use it, but you've given me a new use for it, thanks!

Jenny Gropp July 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

craft crap -- lol!!! Boy I think I have a little of that!
Love this card! The color combo and the cork -- very nice!

Heather July 11, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Wow! I love this. Love the colors, the unique materials. Thanks for sharing!

http://ohpleasework.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP