My Studio Pics- FINALLY!

Friday, November 12, 2010


Hello!  This post is a long time coming.  I moved my stamping area from the kitchen table to the basement family room sometime last year.  My husband and I made a nice large L-shaped desk for about $125.  It was functional but boring.  But, I was able to leave my supplies sitting out, which was the whole idea.  My studio was pretty much just a table for quite some time, maybe about 10 months.  For my birthday in July, I asked my husband to put up some shelves.  Well, that finally happened last week!  Last week and this week my husband painted the wall "Cincinnati Reds Red" (the rest of the family room has a sports look) and he also hung everything on the walls.  It was a little tricky taking photos with the window.    
  
The L-shaped desk is being held up by triangular shelves from Ikea.  They were about $40 each and then we bought a leg for the center ($5).  There are also rails that go along the back center to hold the desk up.  The table itself is actually two hollow doors without the hole for the doorknob.  They were $20 each at Home Depot.  My husband stained the table and then my father-in-law polyurethaned it.   
I have plenty of space for my Cuttlebug.  There are dies and folders inside the green basket.  All of my punches line the window sill.  
 
This rail and set of cups also came from Ikea.  All purchased separately it was about $12.  I love how everything is at my fingertips. 
I've had the magnetic squares since last Christmas.  Most of the containers are empty, but I'm sure not for long.   
This rolling file rack was also a Christmas gift.  I have all of my most used card stock in the front, large patterned paper in the center (each collection is in it's own ziploc bag), and then all of my outdated Stampin Up paper is in the back for the kids to use.   
Right now I've been sitting in the center of the table.  I have my paper trimmer and scoring board to my left, ribbon and 6x6 paper pads and stamp cleaner in the center.  The magnetic tins hold brads and eyelets.  On the right side the cups hold all sorts of things: markers, scissors, adhesive, jewels, sponges, etc.  The first shelf holds all my stamps and all of my ink.  The coffee can is filled with buttons that my Grandma gave me.  The second shelf is for stuff I use, just not very often.  The top shelf is pretty much just some additional storage.  Plenty of room for more stuff!  
 I hope you've enjoyed a glimpse into my studio.  I have dreamed of having a pretty workspace for so long and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, although we have a few things in mind for the next trip to Ikea.  One of the first things I'm going to do when I get a Silhouette (whenever that may be) is to make a vinyl sign for the beige wall that says "Dana's Dabbling Studio".  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I would love to hear about your workspace and if you have ideas for mine.  Have a great weekend everyone!!!


Bookmark and Share 

5 comments:

Anonymous November 12, 2010 at 4:15 PM  

Boy, your husband really did some nice work there. You are really lucky to have found someone so handy. He must be the best husband in the whole world.

florascrap November 12, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

Dana, it looks awesome! I love your desk you guys made. :)

Unknown November 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Thanks for sharing your new digs. I'm impressed that you have been making such gorgeous cards without such a space. u rock, grrrrrrl!

Elisabeth November 13, 2010 at 6:12 AM  

I have that same tonic guillotine paper cutter! Your space rocks!! lucky girl!

Nicki November 13, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Dana your room looks awesome - when can I come and play? Love how much workspace you have!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP