A {Merry Christmas} Card...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010


Hey guys!  I have to tell you that I'm finally getting things together in my studio (and it actually resembles a studio so I don't feel like I'm lying when I refer to my studio as a studio).  I'm seriously having too much fun making cards.  I felt kinda lazy (and didn't want to leave my studio) and took these photos on my desk.  They didn't turn out bad since there is a window near.  

So, my card uses the Mojo Monday sketch.  When I finished this card, it occurred  to me that I didn't use any stamps. How'd that happen?  I did do a little sponging though.  In general, I'm not really big on patterned paper that has images in the corners, like this santa, but I found a way to make it work.  The brown paper in the background had the sentiment "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" printed on it, so I ended up using that particular sheet in two places.  Both of the red and brown background papers have faint printing on them, which is a little hard to see.
Here's a close-up so you can see the dimension and how the sentiment is wavy.  The sketch did not have the sentiment hanging off the edge, but I liked the way it looked.  By the way, all the edges are sponged with brown ink.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  Have a wonderful day!
{Merry Christmas}
Card Stock: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink) 
Patterned Paper: 'Tis the Season (Kaiser Craft) 
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Gingham Ribbon, Foam Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge
Bookmark and Share 

1 comments:

Nicki November 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Love the miniature sneak peek of the new studio! Your card is super. Love how you incorporated the DP image - nicely done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP