A {Happy Birthday} Card...

Tuesday, November 9, 2010


Hey guys!  My studio is still in pieces.  The rest of the shelves were supposed to go up last night, but when we started working on it late last night, we realized we didn't have the right screws.  And by "we" I mean my husband!   I could put everything back on my desk, but I know it would just get covered in drywall dust.  Yuck!  So, I wanted to make a card today, but I needed to keep it ultra simple and use as few supplies as possible.  
It's funny how this card came about.  I was wanting to make an elegant card.  I planned on putting a silver mini brad at each place the lines intersected, but I made the lines too close together and brads would have been overkill.  Once the lines were finished, they didn't pop off the card like I thought, so I inked up a sponge and lightly swiped it over the entire card so that the raised lines would pick up the most color.  So that turned out well, but I noticed that my card looked like a waffle cone.  There goes elegant!  But, I remembered I had an ice cream cone sticker in one of my SRM Sticker packs.  I wanted to have a white border around the ice cream cone, so I cut it out right off the sticker sheet.  It's applied to the sentiment panel with foam dimensionals.

So, there you have it!  Hope you've enjoyed today's card.  It's making me hungry!!!
{Happy Birthday}
Stamps: Communiqué Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Scoring Board (Martha Stewart), Stampin' Sponge, Foam Dimensionals, Circle Punch, Ice Cream Sticker (SRM Press)
Bookmark and Share 

1 comments:

Unknown November 9, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

way to go w/the flow! darling card. best wishes with craft room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP